From the App Store: This is the first time Jordan Rudess, best known as the keyboardist for Dream Theater, has released a complete set of his exclusive sounds to the public. Jordantron will turn your iPad into the grandest and most epic sounding instrument ever!
Developed for Wizdom Music by Omenie, UK-based mellotron specialists, Jordantron features :
• 57 sampled stereo instruments, 940MB of samples
• 4 octave samples per voice, 6 playable octaves
• Voices categorized by ‘velocity sensitive’, ‘leads’, ‘orchestral / choral’, ‘pads’ and ‘strings’
• Velocity sensitivity on selected voices
• Decay tails on selected voices
• Octave shift keys to extend range of on-screen keyboard
• ‘Half-speed’ tape mode
• 12 programmable chord pads
• Warm, lush stereo reverb
• 32 ‘VOICEBANKs’ holding voice, reverb and ABC blend settings for instant retrieval
• Giant ‘Jordan-style’ whole octave divebombs (configurable as whole tone or whole octave downshift)
• Support for multiple simultaneous instruments via MIDI
‘Oscillotron’ waveform display
First and foremost, this is a giant sample collection wrapped in its own playable instrument, designed for live and studio use with MIDI control. Jordantron allows its two internal Tron engines to be controlled by a pair of external class-compliant MIDI keyboards for maximum performance flexibility, one controlling the blendable ‘ABCtron’, the other controlling the ‘Dtron’ which is usually dedicated to chord pads. A flexible MIDI response allows VOICEBANKs to be retrieved using MIDI Program Change, so the iPad screen never needs to be touched during performance.