From the App Store: Hexaglyphics is a 13-bit noise generator with an interface based on an original alphabet for hexadecimal values. It can turn gestures into a wide range of noise sweeps, zaps/clicks, squarish oscillations and abstract sounds.
- Multitouch control zone with frequency of the noise oscillator on the x axis and (linear) amplitude on the y axis. The data of multiple touch are used consecutively each oscillator cycle. Every value generated is visualized in this control zone, white are positive values and grey are negative values.
- Multitouch filter bar: Bandpass filter when you use one finger or Lowpass/Highpass combination when you use two fingers. Filters frequencies are not smoothed so with the right fast gestures you can execute some kinds of strange clicky sounds.
- Latch mode for holding down the touched points even when you raise your fingers, useful for further processing the sound using external effects or plugins.
- Click mode for generating one-frequency-cycle clicks.
- Buttons for selecting one of four different noise generation modes.
- Audiobus 2 and Inter-App Audio support.
PHOTOSENSITIVE SEIZURE WARNING:
A very small percentage of people may experience a seizure when exposed to certain visual images, including flashing lights or patterns that may appear in this app. Even people who have no history of seizures or epilepsy may have an undiagnosed condition that can cause these “photosensitive epileptic seizures” to occur. Please do not use this program if you think you may be affected, and discontinue use if the app causes any discomfort.